03 September, 2007

Coke Addict

My colleague at work has become obsessed with my sleep patterns. I've missed a couple of days' work this year due to restless nights and poor sleep, so quite rightly she's recognised that this is something that needs to be fixed. However, she is a person who's spent a lot of her life in the hands of doctors and so has no fears about seeking medical advice. Whereas I am a man. Men don't go to doctors unless they have an arm hanging off. So, two weeks ago, she gave me an ultimatum - go to the doctors or stop drinking diet coke.

Turns out, I'm a bit susceptible to caffeine. For the first time ever, I managed to get into work early last week for four days out of five. Unheard of! I don't think I've got into work on time that consistently, never mind early.

Course, I then ruined it over the weekend by drinking alcohol and diet coke. Am now exhausted and desperately want to curl up in bed. I also want a diet coke. Fanta just isn't the same...

No comments: